Thursday, January 9, 2014

Oh, how I love LIAT





I've heard stories of long layovers, delays, and misplaced baggage on behalf on Liat, the Caribbean's major airline.  Today I had the pleasure of experiencing all 3.

My flights went smooth from Burbank to New York.  I ended up seeing a couple of my classmates on the flight to St. Martn.  Then at St. Martin many of our classmates were waiting to get onto the flight to Dominica.  A friend and I were just saying how thankful we were that nothing has went wrong and cockily saying that we haven't had any trouble with Liat so far, and now we were on the home stretch.  The flight from St. Martin to Dominica is only an hour, so we figured we were pretty much there.

Then we heard that the flight would be delayed because of technical difficulties with one of the planes. Then we ended up boarding the plane about an hour and a half later.  The plane was completely attendant was going over the safety rules and we were good to go, until up the stairs runs another student saying someone's in her seat.  As no one follows the designated seating of Liat, the attendant then checked everyone one by one to see if they had boarding passes corresponding to her list.  The culprit was found, but she was arguing with someone and refused to leave.  She finally got off the plane and we were set to take off.  Then the fight attendant oh so jubilantly announced that we be stopping at her "beautiful home of Antigua," because it was too windy in Dominica.  We responded with moans and groans.

When we arrived at Antigua, I was looking for my check-in baggage, but it was not on the plane.  Hopefully, I receive it when (if) I arrive in Dominica.  It is now 3:22 AM and I am in a hotel that Liat arranged for us to stay in.  We leave to the airport at 4:00 AM.

Hopefully a major airline decides to start sending planes to Dominica soon.  If not, I may just decide to start my own airline in a few years.  Maybe I'll call it the Tail Airlines, Liat spelled backwards, so people know to expect everything opposite of Liat.

No comments:

Post a Comment