Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Portsmouth Clinic

This past weekend, local churches and a visiting churches from the U.S. put on a clinic.  I was originally scheduled to do the history of present illness, however they needed another person to auscultate for heart and lung sounds so I switched to that.

It was fun getting an opportunity to review some of the examinations I learned last semester and improve my skills.  There were children and adults, and it was interesting to hear how fast the small children's heart was beating.  The smallest girl produced the most rapid and profound heartbeat, but she sat there as calm as can be.  Her father replied "Yes, very very active" when I said she must be a handful with such a strong heart beat.

There were three brothers wrestling in the grass besides our tent.  When he came for his examination, I asked him if he ever had heart problems to which he replied... "yes, only when my brother kicks me in my heart."  The struggle of being the youngest brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment