Friday, March 21, 2014

Mini 3 Results

I did much better on the 3rd mini than last semester.  I got an 83% on this one.  I was happy with the score, but I missed a few questions that were fairly easy, just a few issues with simple recall.  I didn't have too much time to rest though, as there was a Black Scrub Anatomy session that Monday afternoon.  Our practical was the week after the Mini exam.  The Black Scrub session is when professors and professional assistants, with masters or phD's hold sessions addressing any questions we might have in the Anatomy Lab.  It was very helpful, and it helped me realize what I needed to focus on.

This practical was harder than the last one for me, as there are so many structures in close proximity in the pelvic region.  The gastrointestinal tract wasn't as much of a problem.  I felt myself switching between two answers in my mind on multiple occasions, and this sometimes affected me when I moved on to the next station.  It's tough when there's only 60 seconds to identify the targeted structure.  I was most fascinated by the branches of the internal iliac and how neatly they correlated with the sacral nerve plexus.  We also learned about the embryological development of the urogenital tract and how similar male and females are during the development and begin from a common origin.





No comments:

Post a Comment