Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Acceptance!

After eagerly waiting for two and a half weeks, I received the call from Ross that I was accepted to the September 2013 class!  I had been praying that the call would come before May 1st, the day the deposit for AUC was due.  My mind was set on going to Ross after I found out the Ross and Kern Medical Center (KMC) signed a contract for rotation spots, as I want to go to Kern County to practice.  After notifying the recruiter at AUC, she called back and mentioned that AUC has a clinical affiliation with KMC and that she thought AUC's smaller class sizes and personalized attention would suit me well.  She also added that she thought I would make a great physician and wished me luck.  I would've felt much better about my decision to choose Ross over AUC if she just would've said "good riddance."  However, Ross has many more rotation spots at KMC as a result of the contact; I couldn't pass that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment